If you see a stray or lost animal in and around the Stellenbosch area please phone the Stellenbosch Animal Welfare society at (021) 886 4901.
If you need to obtain or renew a passport I can give you the following tips:
- Take your ID document and old passport
- Bring your own Black pen
- Bring 2 passport photos
- Bring cash (R190 for a normal passport and R380 for a Maxi passport)
- Get a Maxi passport – it has double the pages of a normal passport and might save you a renewal in the future
- The service at the Department of Home Affairs is improving but I still suggest that you get there early
- You are now required to complete an additional step called “Passport – Live Capture” where your fingerprints, signature and photo is digitally captured so the process takes a bit longer
- To track the progress of your application SMS the letter “P” followed by your ID number to 32551 or contact 0800 601190
Now for a six week wait…
My passport was ready for collection on the 26th of April. That means that the whole process took just over 2 weeks. Consider me impressed. The new passport feels very solid and the information page is made of plastic (like a credit card).